Big Buddha in Hong Kong
Lantau Island Attractions0
Opened to the public in 1970, Po Lin Monastery is the home of three big golden Buddha statues as well as a 34-metre high, 250-ton bronze Buddha statue called the Tian Tan Buddha.
It is the world's tallest outdoor seated bronze Buddha and attracts around one million visitors a year. The statue is so big it can be seen from miles away.
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lantau Island & Tian Tan Buddha Full-Day Excursion
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Lantau Island Sunset Tour
- Combo: 360 Cable Car, Airport Express, 3-Day MTR Tickets & Lantau Tour
- Combo: 360 Cable Car, Airport Express & 1-Day MTR Ticket
- 360 Holidays Lantau Guided Tour, 1-Way Airport Express & 1-Day MTR Ticket
- Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car, 1-Day MTR Ticket Combo & Choice of Attraction
Good to Know about Big Buddha
Po Lin Monastery is a big site and has many other interesting things to see such as the 'Wisdom Path', a teahouse, a tea plantation, a cultural village and many restaurants – the most popular being the vegetarian one run by the monks. You will need a good pair of shoes to climb 268 steps to see the Giant Buddha close up. The weather can be chilly, so warm clothes are needed.
Big Buddha (or Tian Tan Buddha)
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Po Lin Monastery on Ngong Ping Plateau, Tung Chung Town, Lantau Island
- How to get there: Catch ferry from Central Pier 6 (MTR Hong Kong Station Exit E1. Walk through ifc mall) to Mui Wo, then take bus 2. Or from MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B, take bus 23 from Tung Chung Town Centre.
You May Also Like