Big Buddha in Hong Kong
Lantau Island Attractions0
Opened to the public in 1970, Po Lin Monastery is the home of three big golden Buddha statues as well as a 34-metre high, 250-ton bronze Buddha statue called the Tian Tan Buddha.
It is the world's tallest outdoor seated bronze Buddha and attracts around one million visitors a year. The statue is so big it can be seen from miles away.Read More
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Good to Know about Big Buddha
Po Lin Monastery is a big site and has many other interesting things to see such as the 'Wisdom Path', a teahouse, a tea plantation, a cultural village and many restaurants – the most popular being the vegetarian one run by the monks. You will need a good pair of shoes to climb 268 steps to see the Giant Buddha close up. The weather can be chilly, so warm clothes are needed.
Big Buddha (or Tian Tan Buddha)
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Po Lin Monastery on Ngong Ping Plateau, Tung Chung Town, Lantau Island
- How to get there: Catch ferry from Central Pier 6 (MTR Hong Kong Station Exit E1. Walk through ifc mall) to Mui Wo, then take bus 2. Or from MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B, take bus 23 from Tung Chung Town Centre.
You May Also Like