The Hong Kong Museum of History offers a fascinating insight into the metropolitan city-state. The museum has immersive displays on Hong Kong’s prehistoric ecosystem, reproductions of rock carvings found at Big Wave Bay, and artefacts of stone, pottery and bronze dating back to the Neolithic period.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Learn about Hong Kong’s history and development at the museum’s permanent exhibition, ‘The Hong Kong Story’ – it consists of 8 galleries spread across 2 floors, with over 4,000 exhibits, 750 graphic panels, dioramas, and multimedia programs. You can explore the permanent exhibit for free, while admission fee may be required for special exhibitions.
The Hong Kong Museum of History also offers free interpretation guided tours and paper model-making workshops for visitors with visual and hearing impairments. Other facilities include an onsite café and a gift shop selling souvenirs and books on Hong Kong in several languages.
Located along Chatham Road South, the Hong Kong Museum of History is within walking distance of several MTR stations in Kowloon. You can choose to walk from Tsim Sha Tsui East Station up Chatham Road, southeast from Jordan Station along Austin Road, or southwest from Hung Hom Station. The easiest walk is from the Tsim Sha Tsui East MTR Station (Exit P2), which will take you around 10 minutes to reach the museum.
Hong Kong Museum of History
- Opening Hours: Monday and Wednesday–Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 7pm
- Location: 100 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2724 9042