The Hong Kong Science Museum is a modern, interactive museum that is educational, enlightening and a lot of fun for all ages. There are over 500 exhibits within the 3-storey building – many of the galleries are hands-on, allowing you to play with robotics, enjoy virtual reality, and even use wires for communication.
Visit the Transportation hall on the 2nd floor, where you’ll see a full-sized DC3 aeroplane (the first airliner in Hong Kong), suspended from the ceiling. The Hong Kong Science Museum also displays a 22-metre-tall twin-tower Energy Machine which, when activated, produce spectacular audio-visual effects demonstrating various forms of energy.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
You can also enjoy live demonstrations, experiments, and computer exhibits throughout your visit. Lie on a bed of pins, see how renewable energy can charge your phone or see how our lives could be transformed by recycling plastics.
The Hong Kong Science Museum is located in Kowloon, close to Tsim Sha Tsui East Station (exit B2) and Hung Hom Station (exit D). Admission to the Hong Kong Science Museum’s permanent exhibition hall costs around HK$20 per adult and free for children under 4 years old (accompanied by an adult). Note that the museum may charge additional admission fees for special exhibitions. Entry is free of charge if you visit the museum on Wednesdays.
Hong Kong Science Museum
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 7pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 9pm (closed on Thursdays)
- Address: Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2732 3232