The Hong Kong branch of Madame Tussauds is located at the Peak, Hong Kong. It is part of the well-known international wax museum chain founded by Marie Tussaud and was the first branch to open in Asia.
With a mixture of local and international celebrities wax figures, it attracts tourists from all over the world.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Madame Tussauds Highlights
Marie Tussaud was a wax sculptor from France who created her first wax figure in 1777. After inheriting a vast collection of wax models from Dr. Philippe Curtius, she spent the next 33 years touring Europe. The first permanent Madame Tussaud museum opened on London’s Baker Street around 1835. After becoming one of the most popular tourist spots in London, it expanded into other countries. In 2000, the chain opened its first Asia branch in Hong Kong.
The museum houses near 100 wax figures of personalities such as movie stars, artists and politicians. The entrance resembles a red carpet experience of a movie première and out of its 100 plus wax figures, one-third are Asian. It takes more than 800 hours of labour to create a wax figure. The sculptors invite celebrities to take photos and measurement. First they will make a clay model of the head then they add clay on top of a metal skeleton to make the body. After adding a layer of wax, a makeup artist adds hair and paints the face.
Even though they are made of wax, the figures look incredibly alive. It is a great chance to meet and have a personal experience with the stars that you see on the screen. A trip to Madame Tussauds is pointless without a camera. If you don't care about those celebrities it could take you only 10 minutes to finish the tour. However you can spend a lot of time to closely examine these stars up close.
Beside the wax figures, there is an attraction called SCREAM. A mixture of wax figures and live actors will stir up your deepest fears. Not for the faint of heart!
See also: Madame Tussauds Bangkok
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
- Opening Hours: Mon – Sun & Public Holidays 10:00 - 22:00
- Remarks: Due to its popularity there is long line at the entrance. Inside the museum it can get pretty crowded too. The tour will take 1~2 hours.
- Address: Shop P101, The Peak Tower No. 128 Peak Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2849 6966
- How to get there: Take the cable tram from Admiralty. Or take bus #15 at Exchange Square, Central