Man Mo Temple (Hong Kong Island)
Popular Temple in Central Hong Kong0
Man Mo Temple is the oldest and certainly one of the most revered temples in Hong Kong. The smell of incense and the lingering smoke creates a mystical ambiance which most people are captivated by. Built in 1847, it is named after its two principal deities: Man, the god of literature, who is dressed in red and holds a calligraphy brush; and Mo, the god of war, wearing a green robe and holding a sword.
On any given day you will find locals here praying at the alter as well as many visitors who come to experience the peace and solitude of this Hong Kong temple; it is a tranquility which is felt all the more keenly as it contrasts so much with the bustling downtown area of Central just a few minutes’ walk away.Read More
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
A visit to Man Mo Temple is highly advised, and if you only intend to visit one temple in Hong Kong, most people choose this one. This does mean it can be quite busy at times, but the experience is no less impressive.
From the outside, Man Mo Temple is nothing more than an imposing wooden door, but once you step though, you are transported to a timeless place of worship which has stayed much the same for hundreds of years. It is possible to walk from Sheung Wan MTR or Central MTR stations, although we highly recommend taking the Mid-Level Escalator to Hollywood Road as the steep streets are tiring on the legs.
Man Mo Temple
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 18:00
- Address: 126 Hollywood Rd, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2540 0350
You May Also Like