Asia-World Arena Hong Kong
Asia-World Arena Hong Kong, with a standing and seating capacity of 16,000, is one of the city’s largest event venues. Located next to Hong Kong International Airport on Lantau Island, it host international music concerts, Broadway musicals, K1 martial arts tournaments, dance competitions, and international trade fairs throughout the year. Asia-World Arena Hong Kong is about Read More...
- Location: Airport Expo Blvd, Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 3606 8888
Hong Kong Cultural Centre
The Hong Kong Cultural Centre hosts a wide range of live performances, including music concerts, European and Chinese opera, ballet, and theatre. It’s also where the Hong Kong International Film Festival takes place – hundreds of world-famous actors and directors gather for a night of film screenings in the city.
Facilities within the Hong Kong Cultural Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 11pm
- Location: L5, Auditoria Building, 10 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2734 2009
Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre
The Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre is a cultural museum for fans of history, providing detailed information about Hong Kong. Its permanent gallery has interesting exhibits on the changing face of transport, as well as prehistoric artefacts found on archaeological digs. To accompany the exhibits, the museum also has a lecture hall, educational activity rooms, and a reference library for those looking to learn more about Hong Kong.
Located in Kowloon Park, you can also walk around the surrounding green expanse before or after a tour through Hong Kong’s history and culture. Entry to the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre is free of charge.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 7pm (closed on Thursdays)
- Location: Haiphong Road, Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Address: +852 2208 4400
Hong Kong Heritage Museum
The Hong Kong Heritage Museum displays a mixture of art, culture and history through dynamic and interactive exhibition programs. It covers 7,500 sq m of exhibition space, consisting of 5 permanent galleries and 6 thematic galleries. Located next to Sung Min River, the building features traditional Chinese courtyard designs. Families may enjoy the Children’s Discovery Gallery Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday and Wednesday–Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 7pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: 1 Man Lam Road, Sha Tin, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2180 8188
Hong Kong Maritime Museum
The Hong Kong Maritime Museum might not look much from the outside, but it offers a fascinating catalogue of Hong Kong’s maritime history. Connected to Central Ferry Pier, this cultural attraction has over 1,000 artefacts on display, arranged in 15 galleries.
Every section of the museum has hands-on exhibits, which will keep children entertained throughout their Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 7pm
- Location: Central Pier 8, 1 Man Kwong St, Central, Hong Kong
- Address: +852 3713 2500
Hong Kong Museum of Art
The Hong Kong Museum of Art displays over 15,000 artworks, including sculptures, painting, tea ware, and calligraphy. The building covers 10,000 sq m of exhibition space, with 12 galleries and plenty of onsite dining options with views over Victoria Harbour. The 1st floor of the Hong Kong Museum of Art serves as a multi-function hall, where Read More...
- Location: 10 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2721 0116
Hong Kong Museum of History
The Hong Kong Museum of History offers a fascinating insight into the metropolitan city-state. The museum's permanent exhibition consists of 8 galleries, which include immersive displays on Hong Kong’s prehistoric ecosystem, reproductions of rock carvings found at Big Wave Bay, and artefacts of stone, pottery and bronze dating back to the Neolithic period. The Hong Kong Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday and Wednesday–Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 7pm
- Location: 100 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2724 9042
Hong Kong Railway Museum
Opened in 1985, the museum, formerly the Tai Po Market Railway Station, displays passenger carriage models and locomotives from around the world. The main building, built in 1913, is of indigenous Chinese architectural style, with many small figures decorating the exterior, such as are commonly found in existing old southern Chinese temples. It features a waiting hall and ticket office as well as many vintage photos of this area during the station’s construction.
- Location: Tai Po Town, northeast New Territories
Hong Kong Science Museum
The Hong Kong Science Museum is a modern, interactive museum that is educational, enlightening and a lot of fun for all ages. There are over 500 exhibits within the 3-storey building – many of the galleries are hands-on, allowing you to play with robotics, enjoy virtual reality, and even use wires for communication.
Visit the Transportation Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 7pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 9pm (closed on Thursdays)
- Address: Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2732 3232
Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum
The Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum features a gallery displaying pottery and bronze items dating back to the Eastern Han dynasty (25–220 AD). The museum is adjacent to the 4-chamber brick tomb, which was discovered in 1955. The actual tomb is closed off to the public, but part of its interior is visible through a glass panel at the entrance. Located on Tonkin Street, the museum is 350 metres northeast of the MTR Cheung Sha Wan Station.
- Opening Hours: Friday–Wednesday from 10am to 6pm (closed on Thursdays)
- Location: 41 Tonkin Street, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2386 2863
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong has over 100 wax figures of local and international icons, including Hong Kong celebrities such as Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. Established in 2000, there are 11 interactive zones, with themes ranging from music and sports, to films and animation.
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong is located at Victoria Peak – Hong Kong’s Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Address: Shop P101, 128 Peak Rd, The Peak, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2849 6966
PMQ Hong Kong
PMQ is a creative mall and design space in downtown Hong Kong, about 250 metres southeast of Man Mo Temple. Combining a cool market vibe with a contemporary art and design space, it showcases jewellery, pottery, paintings, and clothing by some of Hong Kong’s best creatives and artisans.
QUBE is a multi-function hall within PMQ that Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 11pm
- Address: 35 Aberdeen St, Central, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2811 9098
Sam Tung Uk Museum
Sam Tung Uk Museum preserves a rural walled village of the same name, which dates back to the 18th century. The Hakka village once housed as many as 300 Chan family members during that time period. The living museum features an ancestral hall, a lecture hall, and 2 rows of traditional homes complete with period furniture, handicrafts, and faming tools. There’s also a modern gallery with interactive displays and videos about the rural lifestyle, food, and traditional crafts of Hakka people in Hong Kong.
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Monday from 10am to 6pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: 2 Kwu Uk Lane, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2411 2001