Temple Street Night Market is the largest and liveliest in Hong Kong. This carnival of shopping and snacking starts every night from around 18:00 but really gets going once the sun sets. Located in Kowloon, you can find Temple Street Market just one block west from Jordan MTR Station (Exit A) and is the most popular place to go for cheap clothes, delicious open-air street stall food, watches, pirated CDs and DVDs, fake label clothing, sports and everyday footwear, cooking ware and household items.
Any marked prices should be taken as suggestions alone as this is definitely the place to bargain. Due to the popularity of Temple Street as a tourist destination, prices are not as good as you will find at other night markets in Hong Kong, but for an overall spectacle it is not to be missed.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Many of the market traders at Temple Street are selling the same kitsch, mass-produced souvenirs, such as resin-molds of dragons, Chinese Qipao dresses and mobile phone paraphernalia, but they do make interesting and cheap presents to take back home. Don't believe any seller who claims their Gucci wallet or Calvin Klein underwear is genuine - it isn't - and be sure to check the quality of any stiching, zippers, and clasps before paying. Amusingly enough, you'll also find many fortune-tellers and herbalists and on the odd occasion some free open-air Cantonese opera.
Lining the streets and side streets is an incredible range of restaurants to choose from, with Cantonese seafood, Japanese, Indian and Italian pizza being popular, along with many snack stalls for eating as you browse.
Temple Street Night Market runs for over a kilometre and can get very crowded. It is at its best from around 19:00 to 22:00 when it's a colourful and noisy spectacle - the definition of a Hong Kong market!
- Tour Available: Splendid Night of Delights
Temple Street Night Market
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 23:00
- Location: In the areas of Jordan and Yau Ma Tei in Kowloon
- How to get there: MTR Yau Ma Tei Station, Exit C, turn onto Temple Street at Man Ming Lane.
MTR Jordan Station, Exit A. Turn right onto Jordan Road and then take another right onto Temple Street.