Ocean Park is Hong Kong’s biggest amusement park and animal theme park. It is located at Wong Chuk Hang in the Southern District of Hong Kong. With more than 35 attractions and rides inside the park, it attracts more than five million visitors annually and is the seventh most popular amusement park in the world.
Covering eighty thousand square metres of land, it is bigger and has more attractions than the Hong Kong Disneyland, the newest being a world-class marine themed area opened in the summer of 2011.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Ocean Park Hong Kong's Highlights
A typical trip to Ocean Park will likely take up the whole day. Right at the entrance you will find the brand-new Grand Aquarium. You will walk through a 13-metre acrylic viewing panel inside a giant pool that house 5,000 fish from 400 different species. You can also play with sea creatures like sea cucumbers and starfish at the ‘touching pool’.
Next you will see Amazing Asian Animals, which is the most unique attraction in the park. A pair of rare giant pandas and a red panda living in a habitat modelled after their home in Western China. Other attractions in the area are Gator Marsh and Goldfish Treasure. After that you can take the cable car or the ocean train to the amusement ride part of the ocean park.
Ocean Park Hong Kong Features
The eight-minute cable car ride offers a great view of Hong Kong Island and Repulse Bay. You will find standard rides like the roller coaster, a Ferris wheel and a flying swing. A handful of arcades will test your hand-eye skills and give you a chance to win some souvenirs. Restaurants and food kiosks offer a variety of cuisines inside the park and you can find ocean-themed jewelry, a giant panda, stuffed animals and other souvenirs in shops around the park. The ocean park escalator is the second-longest outdoor escalator and it offers a great view to the South China Sea. At the other end of the escalator you will find attractions like Japanese Garden and Ocean Park Tower.
Shows take place in Ocean Theatre and at other locations every day. During special occasions like Halloween and Christmas, special themed shows take place around the park and there are educational programs like Honorary Pandas Keeper and Dolphin Encounters for the Children. Ocean Park is a great place to visit for the whole family.
Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Opening Hours: From 10:30 - 19:00 varies during seasons.
- Location: Ocean Park, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
- Remarks: The Ocean Theater show is extremely popular and seats are available on a first come first served base. You should get seated at least 30 minutes before the show starts.
- Tel: +852 3923 2323
- How to get there: You can get there by bus. There is a special route (#629) running daily from Admiralty MTR station and Central Pier to the park entrance. Parking is available for cars and coaches outside the main entrance.