Bahce is a Turkish restaurant offering delicious dishes including kebabs and mezes as well as fresh yoghurt used to accompany many Turkish main dishes. They have live music every Friday night (so far they are the only venue providing such entertainment on Lantau). Drop in to see when in the area. Most prices are affordable with some on the expensive side.
- Location: Close to the Mui Wo Ferry Piar and bus terminal, Mui Wo Village
- Tel: (852) 2984 0222
- Cuisine: Turkish
Café de Paris
Café de Paris serves French cuisine and is one of many designated theme restaurants along Discovery Bay waterfront. Some other restaurants in the same area include Fagara Chinese Restaurant, McSorley's Ale House (Irish Pub/Indian), Caramba, a Mexican cantina and Wildfire Fresh serving freshly made healthy cuisine. Not cheap.
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri from 12:00 – 15:00, 18:00 – 22:30; Sat – Sun 12:00 – 22:30
- Location: Discovery Bay
- Tel: (852) 2987 8203
- Cuisine: French and European
Known by the local expats as ‘The Pub’, China Bear has been serving great pub food such as shepherd's pie, bangers & mash as well as pizza at the same location for more than 10 years. China Bear is the drop-in place of regular expat commuters straight off the ferry from Hong Kong who hang out for a drink or two before heading home. A great place to meet people.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 till late
- Location: Close to the Mui Wo Ferry Pier and the bus terminal, not far from McDonald’s, Mui Wo Village
- Tel: (852) 2984 9720
- Cuisine: English Pub Food
Dai Pai Dong
The most convenient place on Lantau to try out good food at reasonable prices is on the main street of Mui Wo (often referred to Silvermine Bay). It has tons of open-air restaurants, big and small. They also have vendors selling cheap but tasty food such as noodles and rice plates as well.
- Location: Not far from Mui Wo Pier
Fook Moon Lam
A dim sum restaurant for early risers; the shop opens its doors at 05:30 in the morning.
- Opening Hours: 05:30 – 10:00
- Location: Tai O Market Street, Tai O Village
- Tel: (852) 2985 7071
- Cuisine: Cantonese dim sum
Gallery is known for their homemade pizzas. Other interesting choices are seafood and steaks. They have a nice bar to sit and chill at, too.
- Location: Tong Fuk village
- Tel: (852) 2980 2582
- Cuisine: International
The menu here consists not only of pizza and pasta but also delicious ribs and BBQ as well. They also have a delivery service.
- Location: Near Mui Wo Ferry Pier, Mui Wo Village
- Tel: (852) 2984 8833
- Cuisine: Italian and grill
Located inside Hong Kong International Airport, Maxim’s offers excellent choices of dim sum among other things. A very popular venue but occasionally with long queues.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:00 to 23:00
- Location: Departure Hall inside Hong Kong International Airport
- Cuisine: Chinese and Cantonese dim sum
Ooh La La!
This lovely beach restaurant & bar is quite a special place. It is part of Treasure Island – a company dedicated to providing out-of-doors education the Hong Kong teens. The menu consists of a variety of Mediterranean-style dishes such as salads and barbeques and the cocktail list is long. They also have good team activities by request for customers. If you are looking for a fun day out (plus camping at night) with family and friends, Ooh La La! is ideal. Booking in advance is a must.
- Location: Pui O Beachfront
- Tel: (852) 2984 8710
- Cuisine: Western, BBQ and snacks
Silvermine Beach Hotel
With a choice location on Silvermine Beach, the hotel gets many day trippers, especially at weekends and holidays. The menu offers Chinese and Asian food as well as barbecue.
- Location: At Silvermine Beach Hotel, close to the Mui Wo Pier, Mui Wo Village
- Tel: (852) 2984 8295
- Cuisine: Chinese and Asian
This lovely seaside restaurant with nice décor is popular with the locals. Stoep’s menu is South African and Mediterranean and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
- Location: On the beach in Cheung Sha Village
- Tel: (852) 2980 2699
- Cuisine: South African and Mediterranean