New Territories Restaurants
Where to Eat in New Territories
Restaurants in New Territories cater mainly to locals, which means fans of authentic Cantonese cuisine are in for a real treat! Whether its fresh seafood or a dim sum lunch you can find the real taste of Hong Kong up here. Having spent some time exploring the New Territories' charm, your trip would not be complete without visiting some of the area's restaurants.
Of course, not all the restaurants in New Territories serve local food. As befitting of such an international city like Hong Kong, you'll find cuisine from all over the world scattered around the New Territories and you'll be free to choose whatever style of eatery you feel like – anything from seaside to five-star hotel to roadside dining. Take a look at some of the best restaurants below.
- Morning Island Tour
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Half-Day City Tour
- sky100 Hong Kong Observation Deck Admission
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission
- Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
- Symphony of Lights Show & Evening Cruise on Wing On
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
All Restaurants in New Territories
Asra Indian Restaurant
If you like Indian food, try Asra Restaurant on the first floor of Sha Tin Galleria on Shan Mei Road in Fotan. They serve authentic Indian dishes such as tandoori raan, seafood curry hot pot and seekh kebab. They also have a takeaway delivery service from 17:00 – 22:00.
- Opening Hours: For lunch from 11:00 – 15:00 and dinner from 17:00 – 22:00
- Location: Near Fotan MTR Station
- Tel: (852) 31880852
- Cuisine: Indian
Located on the ground floor of the Regal Riverside Hotel; Avanti offers a relaxing riverside dining experience. The restaurant serves authentic culinary delights in a traditional Italian candlelit dinner setting.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Regal Riverside Hotel in Sha Tin Town
- Tel: (852) 2837 1710
- Cuisine: Italian
Chuen Kee Seafood Restaurant
Chuen Kee is typical of the many Chinese seafood restaurants along the harbour in Sai Kung which serve the fresh catch of the day – scallops, shrimps, crabs, prawns, lobsters and various types of fish. All can be picked from the restaurant's big seafood tanks.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 23:00
- Address: Hoi Pong Street, Sai Kung Town
- Tel: (852) 2791 1195
- Cuisine: Chinese and seafood
Fung Ying Seen Koon
This restaurant serves delicious Chinese vegetarian food and is a part of Fung Ying Seen Koon, Hong Kong's largest Taoist Temple. They also have an English-language menu. Prices are very reasonable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 17:00
- Location: Fanling Town
- Tel: (852) 2669 9186
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Harbour Seafood Restaurant
Located inside the Avon Park Shopping Mall in Fanling, Harbour is famous for fried fresh-water crab and marinated sausage and pig's ear.
- Opening Hours: Weekdays from 07:00 – 16:30 and 18:00 – 23:00. Closes 24.00 at weekends
- Location: Avon Park Shopping Mall, Fanling Town
- Cuisine: Chinese
Lung Wah Hotel
Many people come from far away to Sha Tin to taste roasted pigeons at a restaurant called Lung Wah Hotel. Nowadays there are a few restaurants in the same neighborhood serving the same dish but Lung Wah was the pioneer. They say they use only 26-day old baby pigeons in a special recipe to provide the best taste. Pigeons have been used in Chinese royal cuisine since the Tang Dynasty.
- Location: 10 minutes walk from Sha Tin MTR Station
- Tel: (852) 2691 1828
- Cuisine: Chinese
There are two more Oliva Ristorantes in the New Territories; in Tai Po and Tsuen Wan. The Yuen Long branch is located on the ground floor of Fuk Chiu House on Kau Yuk Road and is well laid out with a good ambiance. Don’t forget to try their fettuccine with pan-fried salmon and a pesto-based sauce as well as their humongous chocolate puff tower which is probably is too much for one person to finish.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:30 – 23:30
- Location: Fuk Chiu House in Yuen Long
- Cuisine: Italian
The franchise restaurant on the ground floor of Discovery Park Shopping Centre in New Territories is one of many of the Outback branches in Hong Kong. Their extensive menu includes the bloomin’ onion, jacket potatoes, Aussie cheese fries, double cut lamb chops and Alaskan king crab legs.
- Opening Hours: Weekdays 12:00 – 14:30 and 17:00 – 23:30; Weekends 12:00 – 23:30
- Location: Discovery Park Shopping Centre, about five minutes from the Tsuen Wan MTR (Exit A)
- Tel: (852) 2940-0682
- Cuisine: Steakhouse and western
Restaurant at the Monastery of 10,000 Buddhas
This outlet is a simple dining hall, also with an English-language menu, serving delicious vegetarian dishes. Their food has a good reputation for taste and value.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:30 – 17:00
- Location: At the Monastery of 10,000 Buddhas, Sha Tin
- Tel: (852) 2699 4144
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Sai Kung Seafood
In Hong Kong don’t expect to find first-class fish served up in a five-star stetting. The best Hong Kong seafood restaurants are in small villages and island communities, where the dining is unpretentious but world class. Sai Kung, one of the most popular of these, has over the years developed into a town without losing its laidback atmosphere. Seafood fans head for the seafront promenade, where sampans sell freshly caught fish straight off the deck. Pick your dinner, before taking it to one of the promenade restaurants.
- Location: Sai Kung
- How to get there: MTR to Diamond Hill, bus 92 or 96R
Located at shop no. 703 at the New Town Plaza in Sha Tin, Simply Thai serves Thai and Asian dishes. This massive mall has a variety of food outlets serving Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and western food.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:30 – 22:30
- Location: Shop No 703 at the New Town Plaza next to Sha Tin MTR station
- Tel: (852) 3523 1638
- Cuisine: Thai and Asian
Tai Po Hui Market
This market is a haven for visitors on a budget. It houses countless food vendors offering a large variety of outstanding dishes, from Chinese dim sum and noodles to other Asian cuisine including Japanese sushi and Indonesian nasi goreng. It is a popular place among residents and can be pretty busy as early as 06:00.
- Opening Hours: All day
- Location: Near Tai Po Market KCR station
- Cuisine: Street food
Yat Lok Roast Goose Restaurant
Generally considered one of the best roast goose restaurants in New Territories, Yat Lok is a casual restaurant that specializes in meats: goose is the main draw but don’t miss the tender barbequed red pork either. This restaurant was made famous by a visit from American chef and general foodie personality Anthony Bourdain, which has since seen its popularity soar with visitors. This means staff speak a passable amount of English and makes ordering easier (menu is all in Chinese). Find Yat Lok Restaurant next to Tai Po Market, walking distance from Tai Po MTR Station.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 -23:00 daily
- Location: 5 Tai Ming Lane, Tai Po Market, New Territories
- MRT: Tai Po Market
- Tel: +852 2656 4732
Yue Kee Roast Goose Restaurant
Open since 1958, Sham Tseng Yue Kee Restaurant on Sham Hong Road features traditional Chinese food including some well-known soups (i.e. braised shark's fin with bean sprout soup and watercress soup with duck kidneys), seafood and vegetables dishes. The most famous of all is their charcoal roast goose. Yue Kee has its own goose farm in the rural area of Guandong that uses a natural diet with no artificial ingredients. The outcome is that their geese have a unique taste.
- Location: on Sham Hong Road, Sham Tseng Town
- Tel: (852) 6689 3567
- Cuisine: Chinese