The Pawn Botanicals Bar
The Pawn Botanicals Bar occupies a late-1880s building in Wan Chai, where you can soak up a bit of living history along with award-winning cocktails. The bar is located on the 1st floor, featuring indoor and outdoor seating areas with 2 bars.
Handcrafted cocktails at The Pawn Botanicals Bar cost around HK$90 to HK$140, while bar snacks such as buffalo chicken wings, salads, and mini beef burgers are priced between HK$65 and HK$188. Local and international DJs liven up the bar on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 12pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 12pm to 2am, Sunday from 11.30am to 1am
- Location: 1/F, 62 Johnston Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2866 3444
Bungalow Club welcomes a mixed crowd of young locals, expats, models and fashionistas, along with tourists looking to enjoy a night out. Located in Lan Kwai Fong, the club’s vibe varies depending on the event – expect sponsored nights with lots of drinks flowing and photoshoots, as well as one-off international DJ events for those who are serious about their dance music. The club occupies the 1st floor of The Centrium, with a dance floor, private seating areas, 2 bars and a main DJ booth.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 12pm to 10pm and from 11pm to 5am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Shop 2, G/F, The Centrium, 60 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2623 7868
CÉ LA VI Hong Kong
CÉ LA VI Hong Kong offers a full-on night out for Hong Kong’s socialites and partygoers, with a club lounge, modern Asian restaurant, and rooftop bar within its premise. Enjoy an outstanding list of unique cocktails is by Swedish mixologist Knut Randhem. Visit during the club's Sundowner Sessions (weekdays from 4pm to 7pm) for sunset views of Hong Kong Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Tuesday from 12pm to 1am, Wednesday–Thursday from 12pm to 3am, Friday–Saturday from 12pm to 4am, Sunday from 12pm to 12.30am
- Location: 25/F California Tower, 32 D'Aguilar Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 3700 2300
Club 71 is a stark contrast to Hong Kong’s swanky rooftop bars and lounges. This humble-looking dive bar often attracts the city’s writers, artists, political activists, and academics who often come to wind down over a few drinks. It may be located in Central, but the atmosphere is very bohemian and friendly, with drinks reasonably priced for this part of town. There’s also a public garden that’s usually packed on clear days.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5pm to 1am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Basement, 67 Hollywood Road, Soho, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2858 7071
Coyote Hong Kong
Coyote Hong Kong is a Mexican-style bar and restaurant on Lockhart Road, where you can enjoy a casual night out in Wan Chai. Tequila and frozen margaritas are must-tries here, along with its extensive menu of authentic Mexican food. Expect to pay around HK$90 for a shot of Añejo (HK$2,100 per bottle). Happy hour at Coyote Hong Kong usually runs from 3pm to 8pm, offering buy-one-get-one-free on all drinks.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 2am
- Location: 114–120 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2861 2221
Dragon-i Hong Kong
Dragon-i Hong Kong has been attracting partygoers since 1967. This long-running nightclub in Central has 3 zones, each has its own bar and dancefloor with elevated DJ booths. The main room is dedicated to mainstream hip hop, R&B and EDM tracks, while the other area have more of an underground, bass-heavy set. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday, Wednesday–Saturday from 12pm to 3.30pm and from 6pm to 4am, Sunday from 12pm to 3.30pm, (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: UG/F, The Centrium, 60 Wyndham St, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 3110 1222
Drop Bar Hong Kong
Drop Bar Hong Kong specialises in fresh fruit martinis and cocktails, while a regular line-up of international DJs keeps the dancefloor packed with stylish partygoers. This high-profile bar often hosts celebrity events, since it was founded by local actress Colette Koo and DJ Joel Lai in 2000. The music policy at Drop Bar Hong Kong is usually house, and you’ll often see guest DJs from Japan, Thailand, and UK.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 9pm to 6am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Basement, On Lok Mansion, 39–43 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2543 8856
Fringe Club Roof Garden
Hong Kong Fringe Club is where Hong Kong’s alternative arts crowd gathers for drinks and discussion. The choice of drinks might be limited, but this is one of the more convivial places for a civilized evening out in Central. The club occupies a Neo-Classical-style building dating back to 1890 – it’s also one of the few open-air bars on Lower Albert Road, making it a popular spot for a quiet night out. A wide range of events often take place at Hong Kong Fringe Club, including spoken word festivals, jazz nights, and improv sessions.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to late
- Location: 2 Lower Albert Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2521 7251
Gecko Hong Kong
Gecko is a whisky and jazz bar that’s usually busy with in-the-know regulars discussing film, art and music at the tables. DJs and live bands play on most nights of the week, which gets the bar loud and lively, while its extensive list of whiskies, craft beers, and wines keeps you hydrated until late. Daily happy hour lets you enjoy any drinks for HKS42. Located in Lower Hollywood Road, Gecko can be hard to spot as it’s well-hidden on Ezra Lane, just below an escalator.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Tuesday from 5pm to 2am, Wednesday–Thursday from 5pm to 3pm, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 4am
- Location: LG/F, Ezra Lane, Lower Hollywood Road, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2855 9533
Geronimos Shot Bar
Geronimos Shot Bar occupies the 2nd floor of Winner Building, which offers an open view of the bustling Lan Kwai Fong district. It’s one of the best places to go if you don’t fancy dressing up but still want a few lively beers – and it does get lively! Happy hour runs from 5pm to 9pm, when cocktails, standard mixers and house shots cost around $40. Geronimos Shot Bar’s legendary 15-shot challenge gives you the opportunity to have your name up in lights if you can beat the previous record.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 5pm to 4am, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 6am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 2/F Winner Building, 27-39 D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2833 9951
Ham & Sherry
Ham & Sherry is a modern bodega-style restaurant by Michelin-starred Chef Jason Atherton. Located on Ship Street, this trendy venue serves quality Spanish hams, traditional tapas, and over 50 different types of Sherry. Check out the Back Bar at Ham & Sherry, which you can only enter through a hidden door in the adjacent side alley. This intimate bar is fronted by exert mixologist Laetitia Roudaut, who serves unique cocktails such as Energy Potion, Dumpling Martini, and Sweet Potato Soup.
- Opening Hours: Ham & Sherry: Daily from 12pm to 11pm. Back Bar: Sunday–Thursday from 5.30pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 5.30pm to 2am
- Location: 1–7 Ship Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2555 0628
Joe Bananas has played host to the rich and famous, including Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Glenn Frey, Mel Gibson, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Jackie Chan. No one can quite put their finger on just why it is so successful – it's probably a case of being famous for being famous, but it's become one of Hong Kong’s most popular night-time spots. Wednesday is Ladies' Night, with free drinks for women from 9pm to 4am.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 12pm to 5am, Saturday from 1pm to 5am, Sunday from 3pm to 5am
- Location: 23 Luard Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2529 3909
K-Town Bar & Grill
K-Town Bar & Grill occupies the ground floor space of an old industrial setting, maintaining a rustic, industrial feel with exposed ceiling vents, worn-down concrete walls, and original tiled flooring. At the same time, this restaurant and bar exudes a contemporary feel, with modern European food and cocktails available until late. K-Town Bar & Grill’s Steak Night takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays (6pm to 10pm), when you can enjoy a choice of Rosedale rump, ribeye, sirloin or tenderloin with a glass of wine for HK$198.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 2am
- Location: 44 Forbes Street, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2855 1368
Lan Kwai Fong
Lan Kwai Fong is a cobble-stoned maze of restaurants, bars and nightclubs in the middle of the Central Business District of Hong Kong. There are over 90 bars, restaurants and nightclubs catering to all tastes, from casual watering holes to upmarket speakeasies. Read More...
- Location: Central, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Lily & Bloom
Lily & Bloom is an American restaurant and cocktail bar that impresses diners with a dining setting inspired by old Manhattan – think warm wooden tones, industrial elements, leather sofas and dark, broody lighting. The menu is mostly modern bistro food, with the likes of steaks, handmade pasta, and fresh seafood. Embrace the atmosphere by ordering something equally as classy at the bar, such as Martinez (old tom gin, maraschino, sweet vermouth, and orange bitters) or Aqueduct (vodka, curacao, lime, and apricot).
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 12pm to 11pm, Friday from 12pm to 2am, Saturday from 11am to 2am, Sunday from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 5/F, LKF Tower, 33 Wyndham St, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2810 6166
Ping Pong 129 Gintoneria
Ping Pong 129 Gintoneria is located on Second Street, between Sheung Wan and Kennedy Town. This speakeasy is hidden behind a red door with the inscriptions “Ping Pong City” in Chinese. The menu is mostly classic Spanish tapas and an extensive list of gins, cocktails and wines. While some might find it rather pretentious, Ping Pong 129 Gintoneria is popular among those looking to enjoy an intimate gathering or a date in Hong Kong.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11.30pm
- Location: Second Street 129, L/G Nam Cheong House, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 9835 5061
PLAY Club is one of the biggest and best dance clubs on the island, and considering the quality and quantity of nightlife in Hong Kong, that’s quite a feat. It's home to Dom Pérignon’s only champagne bar in Asia, along with LED light shows and an immersive D&B sound system. PLAY Club can accomodate up to 1,000 Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Saturday from 10.30pm to 5am (closed on Monday–Wednesday)
- Location: 1st Floor, On Hing Building 1 On Hing Terrace, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 6828 8936
Quinary Hong Kong
Quinary Hong Kong is one of the best places for cocktails in the trendy SoHo district. Blenders, juicers, evaporators, and centrifuges are being worked behind the bar to create delectable signature drinks such as Quinary Sour (HK$130), Blackbeard (HK$140), and Earl Grey Caviar Martini (HK$120). The menu has enough quality to keep you satisfied for repeat visits, but the skilled and smartly dressed mixologists can also make you something special upon request. Pair your choice of cocktails with light bites, including truffle fries (HK$88) and prosciutto platter (HK$188).
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5pm to 1am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 56–58, Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2851 3223
Vibrant Soho is Hong Kong’s premier entertainment district – it’s also home to the Central-Mid-Levels Escalators, one of the world’s longest outdoor escalator system. During the day, it offers a blend of Chinese and colonial architecture with modern additions, including the escalator and sleek restaurants. The neighbourhood draws mostly expats looking to enjoy a night on Read More...
- Location: SoHo, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Stockton Hong Kong
Stockton is a stylish, prohibition-style bar in Central Hong Kong, just at the top of Lan Kwai Fong on Wyndham Street. A walk down a narrow passageway and up 3 flights of steel stairs will take you into a tiny reception room. If you pass the test, a heavy drape is pulled back revealing a dimly lit cocktail bar inspired by 1890s London – think parquet floors, tiny tables, and a few booths for privacy. Stockton specialises in cocktails with quirky names like Udre Udre, Take Me to Babylon, and One Thousand, but you’ll also find more than 150 whiskies from Scotland, Ireland, America and Japan.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday from 6pm to 2am, Thursday–Saturday from 6pm to 4am
- Location: Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2565 5268
Sevva Rooftop Bar
Sevva Hong Kong is an elegant rooftop bar with a cool design scheme that changes according to season. Its convenient location in Central, classy lounge areas, and top-rated cocktails often attract Hong Kong's elites and tourists looking to unwind with views of Hong Kong’s Symphony of Lights, Kowloon and Victoria Harbour. Sevva Hong Kong is located Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday from 12pm to midnight, Thursday–Friday from 12pm to 2am, Saturday from 11am to 2am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 25th Floor, Prince’s Building, 10 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2537 1388
Tazmania Ballroom combines a swanky club environment and games such as pool and ping pong. Happy hour deals on drinks is available between 5pm and 8pm. The music policy gravitates around jazzy, vocal house, R’n’B, and hip-hop, which builds through the night, with bass-heavy tunes lasting into the early hours. There’s an outdoor terrace if you’re looking to unwind with some serious drinking. Tazmania Ballroom also offers a short but satisfying list of light bites such as dim sum.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Thursday from 5pm to 2am, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 3am
- Location: 1/F LKF Tower 33 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2801 5009
The Beer Bay
The Beer Bay makes for a nice stop if you’re using Hong Kong’s ferry crossing service, or if you’re simply in the mood for a good ale. Located at Central Pier 3 and 4, this unassuming spot serves craft beers and ciders sourced from various parts of the world. To give you an idea of how extensive the range is, The Beer Bay’s cheapest beers start at HK$35 while the most expensive options cost around 10 times higher.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 3pm to 11.30pm, Saturday from 2.30pm to 11.30pm, Sunday from 12.30pm to 9.30pm
- Location: Pier 3 and Pier 4, Central Ferry Pier, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 3481 7290
The Globe Hong Kong
The Globe Hong Kong attracts a beer-loving crowd with its wide range of draught beers, ales, and lagers. This UK-themed gastropub has around 18 rotating drafts highlighting local, Japanese, American, and European craft brews, along with around 100 bottled beers from all over the world. If you’re feeling peckish, try The Globe Hong Kong’s homemade pies served with chips, mash or salad and baked beans, mushy peas or garden peas. The bar menu also has organic burgers (vegetarian and beef), beer-battered fish, and tandoori chicken skewers.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 2am
- Location: Garely Building, 45-53 Graham Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2543 1941
Volar Club welcomes a young crowd most nights of the week with a diverse range of music genres. The club, which has several rooms dedicated to different music, enjoys a particularly good location in the bustling Lang Kwai Fong district of Hong Kong. Dance music fans will particularly appreciate the state-of-the-art sound system and visuals, as Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Friday from 7pm to 5am, Saturday from 9pm to 5am (closed on Mondays and Sundays)
- Location: Basement, 38–44 D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2810 1272
Wooloomooloo Steakhouse occupies the 31st floor and rooftop of The Hennessy, where you can enjoy views of Victoria Harbour, Happy Valley Racecourse, and the Wan Chai district of Hong Kong. Visit the Wooloomooo Steakhouse Rooftop Lounge before sunset. Wines by the glass start from HK$100, and cocktails cost around HK$115 to HK$150. There’s a second outlet of Wooloomooo Steakhouse on the waterfront promenade of Tsim Sha Tsui East, which overlooks the harbour.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.45am to late
- Location: 31/F & Rooftop The Hennessy, 256 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2893 6960