Where to Go at Night in Lantau
If you are heavily into the bar and club scene, Lantau Island might not be the right place for you. There is no dress code on Friday nights, no ladies' nights nor ‘buy one get one free’ type of promotions around the island. Still, if you follow the locals they always lead visitors to the best venues in town.
Bache and China Bear are the most convenient of all as there are located very close to the main pier of Lantau in Mui Wo Village (also referred to as Silvermine Bay). We are talking about a few minutes walk, here.
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lantau Island & Tian Tan Buddha Full-Day Excursion
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Lantau Island Sunset Tour
- Combo: 360 Cable Car, Airport Express, 3-Day MTR Tickets & Lantau Tour
- Combo: 360 Cable Car, Airport Express & 1-Day MTR Ticket
- 360 Holidays Lantau Guided Tour, 1-Way Airport Express & 1-Day MTR Ticket
- Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car, 1-Day MTR Ticket Combo & Choice of Attraction
All Bars and Pubs in Lantau
Bahce Turkish Restaurant
Bahce Turkish Restaurant is probably the only venue on Lantau that has some kind of live musical entertainment (not including Discovery Bay). It is on every Friday. Sometimes it's a solo musician and other times a full band. They also serve delicious kebabs and mezes as well as fresh yoghurt. Drop in to see when in the neighborhood.
- Location: Close to the Mui Wo Ferry Pier and the bus terminal
- Tel: (852) 2984 0222
Known by the local expats as ‘The Pub’, China Bear has been serving great pub food (shepherds pie, bangers & mash) as well as pizza at the same location for more than 10 years. The usual scene is that every evening, there are crowds of local foreign residents, straight off the ferry back from their work in Hong Kong who hang out for a drink or two before heading home. A good place to meet new people.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 till late
- Location: Close to the Mui Wo Ferry Pier and the bus terminal, not far from McDonald’s
- Tel: (852) 2984 9720
McSorley's Ale House
McSorley is a bit out of the way as it is located in Discovery Bay, in the northeastern part of Lantau. It has a pretty nice atmosphere and features a regular program of unplugged and acoustic folk music on Tuesday nights and weekend afternoons. They also show live Formula One racing action, English Premier League football, to cricket and baseball. Expect fish n’ chips, burgers and a variety of pies. Don’t forget to check out their kid’s menu for the little ones.
- Location: On the ground floor of Block B at DB Plaza, Discovery Bay
- Tel: (852) 2987 8280
Movies on Lantau Island
The Citygate Outlet in Tung Chung has a big cinema to keep people entertained.
- Location: Right next to Tung Chung MTR station
Ooh La La!
This lovely beach restaurant & bar is quite a special place. It is part of the Treasure Island Complex. Their menu includes a variety of Mediterranean-style dishes such as salads and barbeques and the cocktails list is long. They also have a good team to put on activities by request to customers. If you are looking for a fun day (plus camping at night) out with family and friends, Ooh La La is ideal. Booking in advance is a must. They have party night from time to time, too.
- Location: Pui O Beachfront
- Tel: (852) 2984 8710
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, BBQ and snacks