New Territories Nightlife
Where to Go at Night in New Territories
The New Territories are not really that far away from Central Hong Kong or Kowloon, especially with the efficient local transportation system, but they're worlds apart when it comes to nighttime entertainment. Visiting the New Territories can open visitors' eyes to another, more tranquil side of Hong Kong.
Still, there are places in the New Territories where people can go for drinks after work or to hang out over the weekend. Such places include Kwong Fuk Road and a few other lively roads near Tai Po Market Train Station. Also, if you visit other parts of the New Territories like Sai Kung or Tsuen Wan, you can always find some friendly bars to drink and socialise in.
As the name suggests, After 5 Bar is an ideal place to go for a drink or two in the evening. It also has food.
- Location: Mei Sun Lane, near the fire station, Tai Po
This restaurant is the place for people who keen for real Texas smoke house. The menu consists of many interesting dishes including smoked ribs, rib & chicken combo and roast salmon with salsa. They also have live music over the weekends. Call to check their schedules at Tel (852) 2791 6113.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:30 till late, except Sat and Sun, open at 08:00
- Location: Ground floor of the Cockloft on Yi Chum Street, Sai Kung
Attache is in Ma On Shan Centre, serves food and drinks. They usually have good crowd made up of locals and visitors.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 03:00
- Location: Near Ma On Shan MTR in Sha Tin Town
Bar King Lounge
Bar King Lounge is a good place to chill out and has reasonable prices for both drinks and snacks.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 17:00 – 03:00
- Location: Tung Sau Square, Tai Po
Cheers is a sport bar and restaurant serving Italian food. It has a friendly atmosphere.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: On Yi Chun Street, Sai Kung
If you like American-style bars, try Coco Duck when in Tsuen Wan centre.
- Location: Tsuen Wan
When visiting Tsuen Wan in the New Territories, local residents will steer you to a few places to assuage your nighttime thirst. One of these places includes the Olive which is known for its cheap beers and reasonable snacks.
- Location: Just west of the MTR station in Tsuen Wan
One + One Bar
Located at the lobby of Royal Park Hotel, One + One Bar is a comfortable and inviting option for an after-work snifter or beer. Happy hours are from 17:00 – 19:00 and 21:00 – 01:00 (Sunday to Thursday).
- Location: Royal Park Hotel lobby in Sha Tin
This franchise restaurant is on the ground floor of Discovery Park Shopping Centre. Their extensive menu includes the bloomin’ onion, jacket potatoes, Aussie cheese fries, double cut lamb chops and Alaskan king crab legs. There is a bar corner inside too.
- Opening Hours: Weekdays 12:00 – 14:30 and 17:00 – 23:30; Weekends 12:00 – 23:30
- Location: Discovery Park Shopping Centre, about five minutes from the Tsuen Wan MTR (Exit A)
- Type : American Bar and Steakhouse
- Tel: (852) 2940-0682
This multi-national and multi-cultural bar and restaurant opened in 1985. It is a regular hang out for local residents who come for drinks and to watch major football matches shown on their large screens. They also have an electronic dartboard. Quite noisy at the weekend, Railway Tavern specialises in European bottled beers.
- Location: Chik Luk Lane, next to Tai Wai station, Sha Tin
Soho Café is known among locals as a friendly meeting place.
- Location: Just off Kwong Fuk Road, Tai Po