Ladies’ Market Hong Kong
Fashion Market in Kowloon0
Ladies’ Market is an intense shopping street with stall after stall of clothes, shoes, fashion jewellery and tourist souvenirs, trinkets and tat. From one side to the other it is about 1km and it gets very crowded, especially on weekends.
Expect the quality of items to vary massively, and be prepared to bargain hard because the aunties running the stalls will start with inflated prices every time. However, if you come prepared, Ladies’ Market is great fun and a true Hong Kong shopping experience.
Part of the fun is stopping to sample the wide array of street food snacks such as won ton noodles, fish balls and crepes, as well as sampling the local cafes. Also, be sure to check out some of the permanent shops which can be found behind the market stalls on both sides.
- sky100 Hong Kong Observation Deck Admission
- Symphony of Lights Show & Evening Cruise on Wing On
- Foodie Tour Experience in Sham Shui Po District
- Open-Top Bus Tour & Bauhinia Dinner Cruise
- Traveler's Retreat Spa Treatment
- Chuan Tao of Detox Spa Treatment
- Chuan Body Elements Spa Treatment
- Exclusive Discounted Spa Voucher
- Serenity Shen Spa Treatment
- Small-Group Around Kowloon in 8 Markets
When it comes to haggling at Ladies’ Market there is no fixed formula, but you should aim to knock up to 50% off the final price. As always, be polite and know that a smile and a joke goes a long way. There are many designer copies available here, although often they are very poor reproductions. Despite the name, there are some items for men and children here although the majority of products are catering to ladies. Allow yourself several hours to see the whole market and be prepared for narrow, congested aisles.
Ladies’ Market is located in the Mongkok area of Kowloon, just off Nathan Road. Take the MTR to Mong Kok. The market opens at midday but really gets going in the mid-afternoon and stays open till 23:00 every day.
- Opening Hours: 12:00-23:00
- Location: Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
You May Also Like