Ladies' Market is a popular place to shop for affordable fashion goods in Hong Kong. This open-air market runs the length of Tung Choi Street in Mong Kok. Both sides of the 1-km-long street are lined with stalls selling clothes, bags, shoes, and jewellery. You’ll also find plenty of local coffee shops and street stalls selling wonton noodles, curry fish balls, and deep-fried squids.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Expect the quality of items to vary massively, and be prepared to bargain hard because the local vendors running the stalls will start with inflated prices every time. Haggling is a must-do here, so aim for about 50% lower than the first offer. Know that politeness (and a smile) goes a long way when it comes to bargaining.
Despite the name, Ladies' Market has plenty of options for guys, along with kids clothing, fashion jewellery, shoes, bags, and typical Chinese souvenirs such as tea and snacks. Don’t forget to browse the permanent stores behind the market stalls on both sides.
At its southern end, closest to Mong Kok MTR Station, you’ll find fashion stalls selling fake designer goods, while further north there are many traders selling plants, animals (it’s nicknamed Goldfish Street by the locals), and homeware.
Ladies' Market opens at midday, but gets livelier towards mid-afternoons. It can get rather packed on weekends due to its narrow lane, so head there early to avoid crowds.
Ladies' Market Hong Kong
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11.30pm
- Location: Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong