This list of the best bars in Hong Kong is by no means exhaustive, but each of the venues we have picked are fantastic places to sample a few drinks, meet up with friends and enjoy a great night out. The epicentre of the bar scene in Hong Kong revolves around the downtown area of Central, with the fancy bars of SoHo and the always-pumping streets of Lan Kwai Fong featuring prominently.
There are also some old and new favourites picked from far and wide, including the up-and-coming areas of Sheung Wan and Sai Ying Pun, as well as Kowloon on the opposite side of the harbour. Whether you are looking for a swanky cocktail bar, an old-fashioned boozer, or the latest bar concept, you can be assured that Hong Kong has something for you.
- Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong Disneyland® Park Admission with Transfer
- Full-Day Macau Tour with Buffet Lunch
- Lantau Island Full-Day Tour
- Lamma Island Cruise
- Ocean Park Admission with Transfer
- City Sightseeing Tour with Victoria Peak Tram Ride
- Hong Kong Island Tour
- Guangzhou Day Trip with Giant Panda Encounter
- Evening Cruise, Dinner at Victoria Peak & Night Market Visit
Quinary Hong KongCentral (SoHo)
Quinary Hong Kong is one of the best places for cocktails in the trendy SoHo district. The coctail list has enough variety to keep you satisfied for repeat visits, with signature drinks such as Quinary Sour (HK$130), Blackbeard (HK$140), and Earl Grey Caviar Martini (HK$120).
The bar's skilled and smartly dressed mixologists can also make you something special upon request. Light bites are also highly recommended, especially Quinary's truffle fries (HK$88) and prosciutto platter (HK$188).
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5pm to 1am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 56–58, Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2851 3223
Ping Pong 129 GintoneriaSheung Wan
Ping Pong 129 Gintoneria is one of the coolest bars in Hong Kong, housed in the basement behind a narrow red door on Second Street (west of Sheung Wan). Its huge space is decked out in bare concrete, red neon lights, and mismatched furniture. Gin is the drink of choice at Ping Pong Gintoneria, with over 40 types and each with its own tonic and garnish.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11.30pm
- Location: Second Street 129, L/G Nam Cheong House, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 9835 5061
StocktonCentral (Lan Kwai Fong)
Stockton is a stylish, prohibition-style bar in Central Hong Kong. Walk down a narrow passageway on Wyndham Street, where a steel staircase will take you into a tiny reception room. If you pass the test, a heavy drape is pulled back revealing a dimly lit cocktail bar inspired by 1890s London – think parquet floors, tiny tables, and a few booths for privacy.
Stockton specialises in cocktails with quirky names like Udre Udre, Take Me to Babylon, and One Thousand. If you're not a cocktail fan, the bar also offers over 150 types of whisky from Scotland, Ireland, America and Japan.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday from 6pm to 2am, Thursday–Saturday from 6pm to 4am
- Location: Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2898 3788
Lily & BloomCentral (Lan Kwai Fong)
Lily & Bloom is an American restaurant and cocktail bar that impresses diners with a dining setting inspired by old Manhattan – think warm wooden tones, industrial elements, leather sofas and dark, broody lighting. The bar, Lily, is located on the higest level, and attracts a happy mix of locals, expats and visitors.
Standout cocktails at Lily & Bloom include Martinez (old tom gin, maraschino, sweet vermouth, and orange bitters) and Aqueduct (vodka, curacao, lime, and apricot).
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 12pm to 11pm, Friday from 12pm to 2am, Saturday from 11am to 2am, Sunday from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 5/F, LKF Tower, 33 Wyndham St, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2810 6166
Ned Kelly's Last StandKowloon (Tsim Sha Tsui)
Ned Kelly's Last Stand is one of Hong Kong’s oldest bar, which we can’t help but returning time and again when in Kowloon. Its live Dixie jazz music is always on point, the drinks are reasonably priced, and you can usually get a table for a large group.
The bar is friendly and welcoming, but we feel that the house band, The China Coast Jazzmen, is the main reason for Ned Kelly’s Last Stand’s continued success. A 20-piece jazz band often plays at the bar every first Sunday of the month.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2.30am
- Location: 11A, Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2376 0562
The Pawn Botanicals BarWan Chai
The Pawn Botanicals Bar occupies a late-1880s building in Wan Chai, where you can soak up a bit of living history along with award-winning cocktails. The bar is located on the 1st floor, featuring indoor and outdoor seating areas with 2 bars.
Handcrafted cocktails at The Pawn Botanicals Bar cost around HK$90 to HK$140, while bar snacks such as buffalo chicken wings, salads, and mini beef burgers are priced between HK$65 and HK$188. Local and international DJs liven up the bar on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 12pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 12pm to 2am, Sunday from 11.30am to 1am
- Location: 1/F, 62 Johnston Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2866 3444
Mrs. PoundSheung Wan
Mrs Pound is a speakeasy bar disguised as a stamp shop in Sheung Wan. Its food menu is mostly Asian street food with a modern twist – think lamb rendang poutine, cheeseburger spring rolls, and laksa bibimbap. Its cocktail list is equally imaginative, with unique names like Ni Hao You Doing, Open Sesame, and Pandan Paradise. Cocktails cost around HK$120, while beers by the bottle are around HK$75.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 12pm to 3pm and from 5pm to midnight, Saturday–Sunday from 12pm to 4pm and from 5pm to midnight
- Location: 6 Pound Lane, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 3426 3949
Geronimos Shot Bar Hong KongCentral (Lan Kwai Fong)
Geronimos Shot Bar occupies the 2nd floor of Winner Building, which offers an open view of the bustling Lan Kwai Fong district. It’s one of the best places to go if you don’t fancy dressing up but still want a few beers – and it does get lively!
Happy hour runs from 5pm to 9pm, when cocktails, standard mixers and house shots cost around $40. Ladies nights are on Wednesdays, when you can enjoy free house cocktails from 7pm to 11pm. Geronimos Shot Bar’s legendary 15-shot challenge gives you the opportunity to have your name up in lights if you can beat the previous record.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 5pm to 4am, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 6am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 2/F Winner Building, 27–39 D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2833 9951